Wednesday, November 16, 2005

 

Aerial problem resolved

It took until July but I finally got motivated to sort out my aerial problem. It turned out it had nothing to do with my aerial per se but was a problem with my DWL-2100AP which was using its internal rather than external aerial. Not surprisingly this meant attaching the aerial made no difference.

Of course this fact was not easy to find out and changing the setting is not possible through the friendly browser interface ... noooo .... instead you have to telnet to the box and type in a set command. Not the most accessible way to change the aerial it uses.

So all fixed now. I have 802.11g access from as much as 200 metres away with good connectivity even at the back of the house across the street.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?